Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm ENTP - What are You?

I don't know if any of you have heard of the Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology. It's basically a personality profile that types on a combination of 8 different types.
Extroversion vs. Introversion
iNtuition vs. Sensing
Feeling vs. Thinking
Judging vs. Perceiving

Go to this sight and answer 72 questions to find out what you are.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The really interesting part is when you read what your combination says about you and you find certain things to be particularly true. Kind of like when you pay the $2 at the fair to have your handwriting analyzed by a computer. Only there's probably a little more science behind this.

What ENTP says about me - It is the "inventor" as described in the Keirsey version. One statement I found particularly true "Inventors are always on the lookout for a better way, always eyeing new projects, new enterprises, new processes. Always aiming to "build a better mousetrap."
http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=inventor

The version by Marina Margaret Heiss states:

"ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general. " SO TRUE!!!! about me.

"ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential. "
http://typelogic.com/entp.html

That explains why all of my friends are just as fun and entertaining as I am :)....except that I'm not....really....maybe just a little....I would hope....But they really are a lot of fun and entertaining but in very different ways. Which is why I love them all....

So take it, and share with me/us what your type is, and one or two things about it that particularly describe you. I hope you find it as insightful as I did. I just took it the other day and it explained why I have been feeling the way I have been the last few days.

Disclaimer, I did take it in 2003 or 2004 while in school, and I believe I came out ENFP - But I can pinpoint that time in my life where I distinctly started to change the way I thought about life in general and how to approach most situations I encounter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ISTJ - Guardian Inspector. I'm thinking there may have been an error on the introvert result. What do you think? Ha ha!

Amber Sunshine said...

http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

This is a link to some somewhat funny and/or sarcastic descriptions....

And they so got you wrong on the Introvert!!! There must be something wrong with it :)

Anonymous said...

I just took the test again recently (10 years after the first time) and am now an INTJ, a Rational Mastermind. My husband Travis is an ISTJ-Guardian Inspector.

Check out the following website for interesting articles and tips on relationships and the 4 temperments - http://www.personalityzone.com/group/love-zone/.