Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lola's Corner - Meet Duncun

Hello and welcome back to my corner. As you can see my pampas grass is growing back quite rapidly and soon my corner will be nice and shady again.

So I survived surgery!!! Stupid jerks kept me over night and didn't let me out to pee. Now I can hold it a long time, but I'm still a little puppy and when daddy picked me up, I was so excited I peed all over the floor. But that's what they get for not taking me out that morning. I always go out first thing in the morning. Then I had an extra long pee as soon as we got home too. Kind of like I had a reserve tank in there that needed emptying too!! So here's a picture of my stitches. I'm quite proud. I get them removed this weekend and then I'm free to be a maniac again. Right now I'm a maniac against doctor's orders, but they didn't take me out to pee in the morning so pppppppllllllllllllllttttttttttttttttt on them!!!



Today I'm going to introduce you all to Duncun. He's a foster living with Buster and Aspen. As you can see he looks a lot like Aspen. He has been living with them since the 4th of July. What a way to celebrate this country's Independence!! He's kind of skinny, but he's in a real good place to get all the food he needs. Apparently he has a permanent home to go too soon and Buster and Aspen and his foster parents will miss him a lot. Just look at that sweet face.

This is Aspen and Duncun

Duncun

This is Aspen displaying her working skills. Since she's a working dog, it's her job to carry the keys, phone, and doody bags when they go for a walk.

A boxer with a job, is a happy boxer

And this is Buster's birthday party. Happy Birthday Buster!!! you can see Aspen and Buster's girlfriend Abby the doberman. Or should I say doberwoman. What a hottie she is. Way to go Buster. They had pupcake cupcakes and the recipe is provided for you below. I'm going to nag my mom to make me some. They sound delicious!! Thanks for sharing with us Buster.

Pupcake Cupcakes:
1 large apple
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of honey
2 eggs
1 cup grated cheese - MMMMM I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!
Frosting:
18oz lowfat cream cheese
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of honey

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Grease muffin tins.Core, slice, and mince the apple. Set aside.In a large bowl mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda.In a medium bowl blend yogurt, water, oil, honey, and eggs. Then stir in the apple and cheese. Add to the flour mixture and stir until mixed. Spoon into muffin tins until the tins are about 3/4 full.Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
For the frosting, combine the cream cheese (at room temperature), honey, and yogurt until smooth. Spread on the cupcakes.
Makes about 16 cupcakes. If you prefer a single-layer cake, spoon the batter into a sheet pan and bake for an extra ten minutes.


There you have ladies and gentlemen. Go out and make your beloved pups some cupcakes this weekend. I promise, they'll give you extra kisses to thank you .

Remember to keep sending me pics of your pets for me to share lolafrog@gmail.com. Next week I'll introduce you to a lucky little stray dog named Lucky. As long as she is still where she is.

See you next week!
Love,
Lola

No comments: